First Ratzz and then Sandy gave me the Versatile Blogger Award. I was thrilled till I saw that I had to reveal seven random things about myself. Then came Richa with her own award for me – that of an Adorable Blog and once again I went on a euphoric trip till I reached her blog.
I should have known. Nothing comes for free in this world, er…blogosphere. And also that anything that goes round comes around. I had tagged Ratzzz and Richa the first time around and now they were just returning the favour J.
What is it about random things and why seven? I have no clue. Last year one of my first blogger buddies Varsha had tagged me on this one. Did you know that nothing is lost in blogosphere and what goes round comes around even if takes a year! The last time, I had tagged Ratzzz on this one and she has returned the ‘favour’ now but has added an award to soften the blow. Talk of bribing!
Since writing another set of random things would make it 14 random things about me, I am posting the same list again.
- Old Hindi film songs: Old means Ooooold — like the 1950-60s. Well, maybe I will include some films from the early 70s. No later. I got about 200 or so cassettes from my elder sister who has a bigger collection dating further back! These melodies are great for any kind of mood I might be in, especially when my nerves are frazzled.
- The smell of wet earth. Nothing to beat the lovely aroma of that. When the first rains fall, I rush from one window/balcony to another and sniff like a sniffer dog. The best thing of course is to be out in the open countryside, like when you are in the train and the drops fall on parched earth…
- I hate people reading over my shoulder anything – from the newspaper or magazine that I am reading to what I am writing on my PC. Why can’t they get their own reading material and hasn’t anyone taught them that it is impolite to peek?
- S.E.Hinton: I have read and re-read her ‘The Outsiders’ so many times that I have lost count. Ponyboy, Soda, Darry, Two-bit Mathews, Johnny….the characters are all etched in my memory. I cry every time I read it and that is saying something! I did an entire post on this book sometime back here.
- Popping bubble packs is a favourite pastime. I hide the stuff whenever we get anything wrapped in it and have hours of fun popping each one and savoring the sound! The boys know that a piece of the magic material can put a smile on their growling ma’s face.
- I have this funny habit of picking out uneven pieces of cut fruits or any other munchies before eating the larger and whole pieces. I do this systematically till the largest piece is left for the last mouthful. It is a bad idea because the others who have finished first sometimes grab the carefully saved pieces and deprive me of the joy of enjoying them L
- I have a huge collection of knives. Love collecting them. It includes a knife with a tiny blade for peeling fruits and a huge cleaver with which I chop and mince my…veggies, of course, several more that fall in between. I like to use the right knife for each job.
(Comments to the old post can be read here)